Maritime Australia – Innovation Awards 2017
Fifteen Australian innovators from both the defence and civil sector have been shortlisted for the prestigious 2017 Maritime Australia Industry Innovation Awards. Between them they submitted seventeen entries.
The winners will be announced at 11.00am on Wednesday 4 October during the Pacific 2017 International Maritime Exposition at Sydney’s International Convention Centre (ICC) at Darling Harbour.
The shortlisted entries are:
INNOVATION AWARDS AND GRANTS:
- Abyss Solutions (NSW) – End to End Condition Assessment of Underwater Assets
- Advanced Navigation (NSW) – Subsonus subsea navigation system
- AMOG Technologies Pty Limited (VIC) – Longitudinally Grooved Suppression (LGS) Technology
- Artis Group (NSW) – Artis Engineering Platform
- Columbus Group (WA) – 3D Dynamic Fluid/Semi-solid pump
- Defence Materials Technology Centre (VIC) – Microbiological Corrosion Control
- Defence Materials Technology Centre and Partners (VIC) – High Velocity Oxygen Fuel (HVOF) coatings for marine applications
- Nauti-Craft Pty Limited (WA) – Nauti-Craft Marine Suspension System (NCMSS)
- Ocius Technology Pty Limited (NSW) – Bluebottle unmanned surface vessel
- Prism Defence Pty Limited (SA) – HeliSAFE shipborne helicopter operations management system
- Rojone Pty Limited (NSW) – RADHAZ Isolation unit
- Ron Allum Deepsea Services (NSW) – Energy Storage and Distribution System (ESDS)
- Ron Allum Deepsea Services (NSW) – Pressure Tolerant Brushless DC Motors
- Thales Australia – Stingrae communications networking system for boarding parties
- Woodside Energy Pty Limited (WA) – LNG-powered marine support vessel
YOUNG INNOVATOR SCHOLARSHIPS
- Dr Peter Kabakov, Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation (ANSTO) and DMTC (NSW) – Development of single crystal piezoelectric ceramics for acoustic transducers
- Mr Andrew Short, University of Wollongong , Research Training Centre for Naval Design and Manufacturing (NSW) – Robotic inspection of submarine ballast tanks
The awards recognise and reward local companies and individuals at the forefront of naval and maritime innovation and carry with them a total of $40,000 in cash prizes.
The two winners of the National Awards for Defence and Civil Innovation will be presented with trophies, while the winners of the Defence and Civil SME Innovation Grants will receive cheques for $10,000, as will the winner of the Young Innovator Scholarship. All 17 entries shortlisted for the Innovation Awards will be showcased at the Pacific 2017 International Maritime Exposition in Sydney, the premier commercial maritime and naval defence exposition in our region.
For further information please contact:
Executive Manager, Industry development
A Division of Industry Defence and Security Australia Limited
PO Box 4095
GEELONG VIC 3220
Tel: 03 5282 0550
Fax: 03 5282 4455